Out the door to the hospital! last belly shot!
And she's out! [if only all I had to do was walk into the hospital-hah!]
She looked perfect in my opinion!
My doctor, Dr. Seguin, saying hello to miss Savannah!
There's her bassinet tag, with Uncle Aaron's name!
Right when we arrived into our post-partum room, it started SNOWING! Daddy showing his new daughter her first snow on her birthday. Very special.
Sleeping in her bassinet
Let's not talk about how rough I look, but I still want to remember her first 24 hours of life.
Again, no commenting on my rough appearance, but such a sweet first morning sunrise with pretty sunlight on the snow for her.
Grandad and CC LOVE their baby granddaughter! Her Gran and Nana LOVE her too but I somehow don't have a picture of them holding her at the hospital.
This is the first outfit we put her in! Such a precious little girl!
And just for my memory purposes, I want to recall when things happened at the hospital on Tuesday. Birc and I decided to induce labor on Tuesday with my doctor for many reasons, [even though I was hesitant about it] but I am so glad we did that and she is here now. We arrived about 8:15 and got checked in and I got a fluid IV. [but not before they blew my vein] Then my doc came at about 9:00 and broke my water and informed me I was 4 cm dialated and 95% effaced at that time. Then they added a pitocin drip to my IV. My nurse checked at 10:00 and I was already dialated to 7 cm and 100% effaced. I hadn't had any pain meds yet so I decided to wait just a bit and see how fast things would go. I didn't think the contractions were too painful, and I had told myself if I made it to 8 cm I would go without an epidural. Well, 20 minutes went by and I think I was at 9 cm, so I was at the point of no return and decided on no pain meds. Then my doc arrived about 12:45 and I started pushing [and blew another IV]. Miss Savannah Cate arrived right at 1:34 PM and we [me, most] were so relieved and happy labor was over! Birc did amazingly awesome and cheered me on, cut the cord, then kept a close eye on Savannah while they checked her out. My sis was a total Godsend and helped me through the entire labor, and my mom got there just in time to help when I needed another person to talk me through each contraction. My mother-in-law was a help holding the fan over my face for each contraction. All of the people I just mentioned got to see miss Savannah being born [by default, don't know if they all wanted to be in there but I wouldn't let them leave! hah!]
After a bit the granddaddies and uncle Aaron got to come in and meet her and took turns holding her. It was a very special day to meet our daughter. Birc and I are so blessed and happy to have a healthy little girl. We think she's just beautiful and perfect!





7 comments:
Amy, the picture of her sleeping on you with the sunbeam is the sweetest thing I've ever seen! She is beautiful, can't wait to meet her whenever you guys get around to bringing her to Searcy!
And oh my goodness you went through an induced labor with no epidural? Wow, I'm totally impressed! Congrats, she is so precious.
Great post with super photos that really captured the love and wonder of Savannah's birthday! I am so very happy for you three. You, Birc, Mama, Anna, and Ann were fantastic. I am so happy and proud of all of you. As you can imagine, Grandad thinks Savannah is beautiful! Aaron, Skip and I were so excited when they finally let us back into the delivery room.
Rocking Savannah brought back so many memories of rocking you when you were so tiny. I love you Amy.
What a special day! And in some unexpected ways!
Joys unbounded with the birth of a healthy granddaughter. And icing on the cake is that she is such a gorgeous little thing, doesn't like to cry, sleeps like an angel, and brings back such good memories of our two little ones.
A gracious gift from God! Loving any time I can spend with her.
Aw! I'm soooo happy for you all! A new baby! She's beautiful! It sounds like you were ready! My induction process started the night before and almost 24 hours later Miss Delaney still didn't want to come out! So glad your process went smoothly. You are a rockstar!
So happy for all of you! Can't wait to meet Savannah a little later this month - excited that she and Steve share a birthday! Oh and I heard that Grandad John got to rock Savannah - and then got to rock some more - and some more! He's handy to have around!
Ok...not gonna lie...I've looked at this post three times now. She is just so cute and I'm so proud of you, Amy! What a wonderful day that was shared by so many special people. Savannah is a lucky girl to have such a great family who loves her. Can't wait to meet her myself!
Post a Comment