I cannot believe I need to start planning a first birthday party! Where has my baby gone?!?! Well, anyway, Walker is 9 months. He's a big hunk of love weighing in at around 21, 22 pounds maybe. We'll find out at his appointment. He's around 26 or 27 inches long if I'm guessing. He's wearing 9-12 month clothing. He's even wearing some 18 month onesies that were Savannah's (for instance these plain white ones in the pics below) He wears size 4 diapers. (yep, you read that right!). He is smiling, laughing, cooing and babbling, and can say dada, baba, bye-bye, hot, cat, and a W sound. Still no mama, but I'm waiting for the day. He started clicking his tongue in two different ways last week. He can clap, sort of, and he can play peekaboo. He uses his walker to walk around the house in, by doing this hilarious bouncy movement thing to move himself forward. He's a great sitter. He is not crawling yet but he is pushing himself around backwards on his belly and rolling all over the place. Walker's favorite things are: Savannah, eating, bottles, Mama, Daddy, Caddo and Cadence, anything he can chew on (preferably fabric which then turns in to feeling like a dog chew toy which is so gross but whatever my baby loves, right?) He likes banging toys on tables and on his belly, laughing the whole time. He likes to be tickled and has this little laugh that is so relaxed, like he's never gonna get out of breath or tired of laughing. Walker loves to bounce and jump in his jumparoo and he loves his Gloworm that he had in the NICU. He has been on only Soy formula for the past 3 1/2 weeks and I've been freezing breastmilk and not giving him the regular formula. With the tummy virus he had a month ago, we could not shake the loose poops. It was like a blowout every time he ate and Birc and I just could not keep up with the laundry, plus we mainly didn't want him feeling badly. He feels a ton better, and this week we plan to reintroduce breastmilk and regular formula so we can get off the soy again. We even omitted oatmeal and fruit/veggies for a week or two. He is back to eating oatmeal mixed with water and baby food. He seems to like the oatmeal with his food better than eating plain baby food. He's had apples, bananas (they're a NO) apricots, pears, raspberries, peaches, green beans, asparagus (it was a NO), green peas (they came out a little to recognizable for me), sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, cherries, and he's even tried a few bites of our rolls at dinner and some green beans. Walker also loves those MumMum crackers but is not a fan of puffs yet.



Hey Buddy.
Where's Walker???
Where's Walker?!?!?
There he is!
Walker, put your foot down.
Ok, Mama, I won't grab my foot.
I'll grab my STICKER!!!
I have been wanting to get my hands on this for 10 minutes!
Got it!
You took my sticker but you're so funny I don't even care!
Got my foot. Ha.
3 comments:
Such a precious little boy and like the others he is growing up way too fast!
He is always so happy! But what? NO bananas? Grandad will have to work on that!
You just can't help but smile back at that sweet smiling face that shares happiness to all!
Post a Comment