Tuesday, September 6, 2011

OBU Blogabout

Blog About Website Badge
Even though I'm brand new with blogging, I'm excited to participate in an event my college is hosting! Ouachita is turning 125 years old today and they are asking all bloggers to blog about their favorite Ouachita memory.  I can't seem to choose one, so I am going to have two. :)

My first favorite memory is cheerleading in general.  I can't think of a specific game that I loved more than any other, but I was so excited to continue cheering in college.  I thought my last time to cheer would be in high school, but then when I arrived at OBU, I saw an announcement for open tryouts.  Apparently several members of the squad had dropped out and they were really needing to add some people back in a hurry!



My second favorite memory would have to be taking FIRST PLACE in the EEE Tiger Tunes show my Sophomore year.  [For those who don't know, Tiger Tunes is a fundraising show that is put on each fall during Homecoming week.  All social clubs (sororities and fraternities) that want to have a show can participate.  If your show does well your club wins money. It can be very serious and competitive, however, as the real prize is the bragging rights you have until the next year :)]  Our theme was Toys, and I was a G.I.Joe.  I was so lucky to be in that show and it was my first Tiger Tunes experience, so I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

Overall, OBU was a wonderful experience for me that I wouldn't trade for the world.  I can't imagine having gone anywhere else, and am so thankful the Lord led me there.  :)

4 comments:

Jen P said...

So fun! Go OBU!

Anonymous said...

Winning Tiger Tunes WAS serious bragging rights - Love the pictures -

Cara said...

Great memories, great times! All those costumes y'all made!!!! Go Tigers!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging! Fun memories! Did you happen to know Mallory Bussey? She's a friend of mine.