It is hard to believe (I type this every month I think) that Savannah is 10 months old! I can't believe how fast the time flies. She is so precious and I think this is my favorite age yet. She is babbling up a storm and says all kinds of fun stuff that we can't understand yet. She has definitely started figuring out how to make her own decisions and we have really starting exercising the word "no" lately. Sometimes when I say no, she looks straight into my eyes and makes a spitting sound. Not a good sign for the few years ahead! Other times she rolls her bottom lip down and wails a huge cry with massive tears and acts like we've just told her the worst thing she could imagine.
Savannah weighed 18 pounds and 10 ounces about a week after her 10 month birthday, and she's not grown too much taller that I can tell. She is still wearing the same clothes she wore all summer so I know she's slowing down on the growing train. She's wearing even still some 6-9 month clothes but mostly 9-12 and 12 month clothes that I roll the sleeves up on. She's eating solids 3 times a day and nursing 4 times a day.
Savannah is, not surprisingly, still not sleeping through the night consistently. Most of the month she woke up just one time each night but sometimes it was twice. I can handle that. What I can't handle is the 4 or 5 or 6 times a night. That just makes me want to pull my hair out. But I can see improvement and that is what I am happy about!
She is such a mama's girl right now and hardly lets me put her down or pass her to someone else, even Birc. She clings to me every time I'm holding her. Which I love but it is kind of restrictive when I am doing an activity that requires two hands. But I know it won't be like that for long so I am soaking it up anyway :)
Savannah we love you so much and think you are the greatest gift God has ever given us! We love watching you learn and experience new things and get so excited to see you try something or show you something new! Can't wait to see what our next month holds!
3 comments:
This girl definitely is gathering her own opinions about some things. One thing doesn't change: she loves her mama and daddy. So sweet to see her head straight for a voice in the other room or the legs of the one who just walked into a room, pulling up on them and bouncing/dancing until she is picked up!
Savannah is a moving bundle of joy and curiosity!
love the updates! those teeth will come soon, don't worry. you think it's fun now but, I promise, it just keeps getting better! :)
Post a Comment