Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Recap Part 2

Now I meant to say yesterday, but I wish everybody just had ONE camera that we could all share pictures from! I know I posed with my whole family several times but I don't have any pics of everybody in the Morledge fam and I don't think we have everybody in the Patterson side either...boo! Share your pics with me if you have some! [Anna, I know you have most of them and I have none of those!]

As I said yesterday, we drove up to Searcy on Christmas Day afternoon in some serious freezing rain.  Our car had icicles on it and there was slush all over the road.  Weathermen were predicting a blizzard! We made it just fine but glad we left our house when we did.  Mama made a SUPER AMAZING Julia Child's beef burgundy dish and it was Just Fabulous.  We had an early dinner around 4:30 and then opened gifts and saw what Santa left us from the night before.  During all of this we proceeded to watch it blizzard all over the state. Searcy got about 8 or 9 inches of snow, and LR got like 10-12 I heard! It looked like a snow tornado at times, the wind was gusting around the snow like I've never seen before.  Almost everyone in LR lost power but we were lucky in Searcy not to lose it hardly at all.  Some people were out 7 days! Ahh!  So the blizzard just confirmed our desire to all stay longer in Searcy and hang out together and we were there til the 28th.  It was so nice and relaxing!  So relaxing, in fact, that I didn't get out my phone or camera to take pictures at all basically.  boo.
Savannah's present to Anna: letting her rock her to sleep.  precious!

[Melissa T, don't die] My parent's new tree! It is a super huge fake tree and was completely full of ornaments and we were still able to get all our gifts in the den with them! It was nice and hassle-free with no watering or chopping down or dragging to the curb and we all enjoyed it just the same as our old cedar tree :)

sleepy people.

So I forgot to mention, Savannah HATED the snow.  It came up to her ribs,  I can't blame her!

It was so very pretty!

There's me!

I mean, just beautiful.
And that's all the pictures I have.  boo on me but I will get some from Anna and post again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh! New Patterson tree?? Just kidding...it looks beautiful!!

Anna said...

Blogs need a "like" button like Facebook. Love!