Savannah has had a lot going on since I last posted an update on her 'growing'. I figured I wouldn't do a monthly update after her 1 year birthday but it is nice to look back and see what we've come from! Just two weeks shy of being 14 months old, Savannah is sleeping through the night now, has been about since her birthday. Who knows why but we are just glad she's doing it! It is usually between 12-13 hours straight. So
Nice. She's also drinking her whole cows milk, cold, through a sippy cup. We are still working on increasing the amount she takes every day because she just doesn't seem to be very thirsty but it has gotten better from when we first started. I weaned her about 3 weeks after her birthday and it has been such a [mostly] wonderful transition! I, of course, miss being able to have that one-on-one time with her but it was SO time and she and I are both happier I think. [I sure don't miss lugging that pump around every day.] Savannah loves going to 'school' every day and she is learning so much! She is eating a TON of food and that's probably because she's not drinking quite enough whole milk. But it is also helpful that she's now got a whopping 8 TEETH! She's got 3 molars and 3 on the front top and 2 on the front bottom altogether.
Savannah can basically run now she is moving so fast! She's gotten tall enough to move her ride-on cars with her own feet. She can say tons of words now and is following 2 and 3-step commands [go get your books and put them in the basket] very easily. She's trying tons of new foods and we are letting her sample more and more things. She'll walk around the house or in the yard holding my finger (which I love). She lets us rock her to sleep. She can get in and out of child-sized chairs all by herself. [If you're still reading, good job] She likes to sleep with her Flopsy and 3-5 pacifiers in her hands. :) We are working on limiting the paci to just sleep times. It seems to be fine with Savannah so far. She takes one nap a day for anywhere from a short 45 minutes to 2 1/2 hours. She is finally back to taking baths again. She was scared of them for about a month and a half and absolutely refused anything except a shower in our shower. I'm talking HYSTERICAL crying if we put her in the bath. Birc and I figure something must have scared her sometime that we were unaware of.
I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but I just couldn't let myself not post these updates so I can go back and look later. And for the most of you skipping down to pictures, here my sweetie!
 |
| lunch Monday on her Valentine plate! Tis the season for love! |
 |
| Tuesday before school in her fairy smocked dress :) |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| She LOVES to carry both of these balls around. They were both favors from kid's bday parties and have been favorites since bringing them home! |
 |
| crazy after-bath hair |
 |
| This morning she wasn't quite ready to get up for the day apparently. :) |
3 comments:
Great post. Almost makes up for missed days-- can you tell that I'd like each weekday to start with visions of our sugarplum dancing before my eyes?!? But I'll take any visions anytime!!
Go Savannah Go!
She's getting to be such a big girl! love hearing her updates!
Post a Comment