Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Outside Fun and Planting

Sunday afternoon we decided to play some outside after Savannah's nap and I have been wanting to get a big pot and put some flowers in it for our back deck.  Now, y'all, I have a brown thumb and cannot keep anything alive.  I have a peace lily in my office that I have somehow kept alive since my Grandmother died that is from her funeral but that is pretty much it.  I cannot keep plants alive and really honestly don't enjoy them too much either.  It's a lot of work and I don't get that much enjoyment out of looking at pretty flowers.  All that being said, I've had an itch to get a little something on our deck and I thought since we go Ahh-Tide every day to swing and slide and dig in the grass, surely I can remember to water the flowers, right?!  So we went to Wal-mart and got a pot and some plants.  (wal-mart, instead of a nursery, so in case I kill them I won't feel so badly about the money down the drain since wal-mart is so inexpensive in comparison)  Here's our finished product!


the Hog is for Birc from me for our anniversary.  you know how we are, go hogs go!  It's like  shaped metal of some kind that's been painted.

While we did that, Savannah played around and wanted to dig in the dirt herself of course too!




She'll probably be angry at me someday for posting this picture but it is so hilarious! This is her VERY scared face and pose.  She gets totally rigid and says OOOH and cannot wait for me to hold her.  There was a motorcycle going by our house and it was so loud and scared her to death!

after the motorcycle was gone she was ready for some swinging!

adorable girly!

3 comments:

Cara said...

I think Savannah needs a job helping to water the pot of flowers - I need to look for a pint-sized watering can for my summertime sweetie !

Stephanie said...

ha! her scared pose is hilarious!! sweet girl.

John said...

Savannah's facial expressions being saved in these pictures are priceless! I can feel Birc's excitement while watering your flowers...maybe teach the hog to water the flowers.