Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 6, 2012 Celebrations

I'm planning to recap what we did on Savannah's birthday today, and then over the next two or three days recap her party and then a 12 month post!
So to start her birthday, I let her sleep in (like she does every day until 9:30) and then we went and got some Shipley donut holes for breakfast!
birthday girl snuggling in mama's bed with her paci the way she likes it-upside down!
She had her banana and a donut hole for breakfast, which she LOVED!, and then we went to Kroger for some stuff and came home and got ready for the day! She and I ate lunch with Birc at home so he could see her too while I worked on emails and we had a great time! I took her to school around 1:00 but after a meeting went back and visited her at 1:34 (right when she was born one year ago!) and fed her her bottle.  It was precious and I very nearly cried looking at her one year later.  Then after a nap she and her 3 friends shared another donut hole treat after snack that she brought to share. :) Birc picked her up around 4 so they could come home and play and swing!
 


Her teacher made the sign just for her on her birthday!
1:34 PM.  So glad to be holding my sweet girl again at the exact same time!

Chatty Cathy.  Seriously she just talks and talks and talks!
My parents and Birc's parents came for dinner! We celebrated with her nursery colors as the theme. 

Her cake! Which she did not like at all!


 

 
We totally forgot to put her party hat on her during the party so after when we were all in/getting in pjs, I put it on her!
 
opening presents from CC and Grandad and Nana and Gran and Mama and Daddy too!

Such a sweet picture!

Grandad built her a stepstool for the bathroom!! It is so pretty and they're going to paint her name on it! Such a special handmade treasure for Savannah to have from her Grandad. :)
She wasn't thrilled about the cake to say the least. She took some bites, but I think that was only to make me stop forcing her to! I was so hoping for a dive into the cake! Oh well, there's always next birthday!
 
I think Miss Savannah Cate had a great birthday-she crashed as soon as everyone left and slept so well! More celebration-accounts tomorrow! She is a lucky girl to have such great and loving grandparents.  Birc and I are so so so so thankful and blessed that we live so close to both of our families and they can be a daily part of Savannah's life.

4 comments:

John said...

It was a fun night celebrating Savannah's first birthday! Everything was perfect!!

Cara said...

A beautiful girl all day long!!!
WE are very lucky too.
Loved when she tried to shake the icing off of her hand - she wanted no messy eating on her birthday!

Jen P said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Savannah! Looks like fun!

Stephanie said...

didn't like the cake?! I guess she's a salty and not a sweet! :) love her cute bday dress too! Happy 1st Bday Savannah!!